Thomas Gray, who took English literature to a different point, was born on December 26, 1716. Thomas Gray, one of the great poets of the 18th century, was known for his romantic poems.
Today we will tell you some interesting facts related to Thomas Gray, which you may not know about.
Here are the Amazing facts about Famous Poets Thomas Gray
- While the Pope and Classic tradition dominated, Thomas Gray used to be famous for Romantic poems. Could not compose much of the poems. But as many as he wrote, he got very fond.
- Thomas Gray also became the professor of History in the University of Cambridge in 1768. Thomas Gray did not like the mistakes in his writings altogether. They used to use words very thoughtfully.
- After the death of Thomas Gray, his dead body was buried in the graveyard of ‘Stok Popes’ next to his mother’s grave.
- It is said that at this place, Thomas Gray wrote the poem ‘Algebra’, one of the famous works in memory of his mother.
- The Bard, Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard, The Poems of Thomas Gray was his most liked poems.
- Twenty years before his death, Thomas Gray had written more than half the poems.
So These are the amazing facts about Thomas gray. Let me know in the comment below if you want to know more about Thomas gray.